Thursday, October 29, 2015

Social Sabbatical Comes to an End

My SAP Social Sabbatical in Bogota comes to an end in a couple days. It has been an amazing experience and the people have made it very special.  I am having a hard time to not be emotional about leaving - I will be happy to be home with my family and friends once again but it will be hard to say good bye to the people who have been my family this month. It is really interesting how twelve people who did not even know each other 30 days ago can create such a strong bond.

The Triple S - Steffen, Sheri, Sabrina

I will miss working everyday with Sabrina and Steffen - we did a lot of work but we had a lot of fun too!! They were so good to me when I was out sick for a couple days too. I think we have all learned that it's okay to go beyond our comfort zones.  We all learned that we have a lot to offer, no matter what job or adventure we embark on next.

The Genesis Foundation team has been wonderful to work with - every person has so much passion and love for what they do.  They are making a positive impact and improving the lives of thousands of Colombian children every day.  Not too many people can say that about their jobs!!  It was infectious to be around them!!

I personally have gained a lot from this experience. I have more confidence in my abilities to apply my knowledge and skills in other areas and I know that I can to do that now. I also learned that having more years of life experience is a good thing!!  Coming into the sabbatical I was afraid that I might not be "young enough" to keep up, but what I realize now is that my life experiences helps me to related to others and gives me the ability to interpret concepts or ideas to terms that make sense to others.

I hope to follow the Genesis Foundation and the wonderful work they are doing for many years to come!!

A special thank you to SAP for making the Social Sabbatical a reality for me.  And, also, a special thank you to my husband, Mike, who always supports me in whatever I venture to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment